Steeped in village history, it was originally built to substitute for St Michaels Church, Woolverstone, when it was remodeled in the late 1800s. After that time it is thought to have been a Reading Room to educate the village population and provide a recreation and meeting venue.
A stone memorial on the front lawn of the Hall remembers the casualties of two World Wars.
It is now our village hall and offers a warm environment for community events and is also available for private hire. Bookings for the hall can be made by contacting Sarah Hutton: 077540 75684 or email: email@example.com
'The Mens Room' formed part of the hall. It was a meeting place for the men of the village, who spent evenings playing bar games, and enjoyed alcoholic refreshment and tobacco away from their work, which was mainly manual at the time.
Woolverstone WI was founded in 1919, very early in the organisation's history. Sadly it ceased to exist in 1999, by which time many other village clubs had faded away. One club of note was the 'Pig Club', in which members shared in the meat produced from animals which each house reared thus giving them meat throughout the year and disposing of their household waste.